Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.You can find more details about TTT here.
It’s not much of a secret anymore that my favourite author is Charlotte Brontë. I wrote my MA dissertation on Jane Eyre and Villette and I could absolutely talk about this woman all day long. If time travel was possible or if her ghost decided to haunt me, I’m not sure what I would ask her; I think I’d be too star-struck for that. I would also need to hide my Frenchness to her (I think that if you’ve ever read anything by her, you know that she’s not such a fan of my people), and I would probably start by giving her a big hug. Then, if I felt bold enough I would ask:
- Which of your novels is your favourite and why?
- Did you really mean what you wrote about your sisters in the preface to their works after their deaths?
- What does French as a language mean to you?
- Tell me about M. Héger – what was he like?
- How did you go about writing your little books when you were young with your siblings?
- What is your favourite book and why?
- What is the book you hate the most and why?
- What is your writing process?
- Tell me about London and meeting your favourite authors.
- How did you feel about marriage and becoming a mother?
Speaking of the Brontës, if you’ve never been to Haworth, Yorkshire, to visit their home, I would highly recommend it. The Brontë Parsonage museum is excellent and the village of Haworth is lovely with lots of cute cafés and interesting shops! And because this year is very tricky for museums, you can definitely support the parsonage by donating or buying a little something from their shop.
Do you ever dream of meeting your favourite author? Let me know!